lunes, 9 de abril de 2018

BE REAL

There is something about being back home in Chile that triggers in me deep feelings, profound changes in my psyche. It must be being in Santiago so close to the Andes that has a special energy. Not the energy of the city, but the energy of this massive long mountain range. Maybe the energy of the city as well.
One part of me feels a rush of anxiety every now and then, it ebbs and flows... comes and goes. Deep healing, conflicting feelings coming to the surface. 
It has always been this way, specially here in Santiago.

Everything seems to emotionally challenge me, even when I spend most time inside my house. I wouldn't judge it as negative or positive, maybe even more as positive, because at first it feels uncomfortable, but slowly it gives me so much insight and wisdom about what is happening and to understand myself and the world around me.



I realize that I should not listen to other people too much, maybe not even at all. Only the things that inspire me I should listen to. Many times people say things that goes against our intuition, our inner guidance and truth, and it happens so frequently that we end up believing it. The problem with this is that we end up so used to denying our own guts and truth that the little voice that speaks in our consciousness ends up being so faint we can barely know what is saying anymore. 

We are so used to being "proven wrong" (although in the end we realize we were right all the way) that we are used to follow other people in spite of our own feelings. We do this since we can remember. Its just like instagram, everybody follows everybody, and everybody follows certain unspoken rules of how to proceed. Then, some things are considered big "no no's" and everybody follows the unspoken rules to fit in. But all the great creative geniuses in the world were lonely in this. They followed their own beings, their own truth, and they were many times rejected because they were so unique that no one could understand them. And later on, usually after they die, stuff that they did become a massive trend, and all the people as sheep decide to follow that pattern that once was criticized.

Being Unique is something that will hardly ever be welcome. Because to be unique is to follow your own truth, to do what resonates with you. And most people are wired to instantly reject the "different", until a big mass of people decide to follow that pattern and then it becomes accepted. 

I've always wanted to share my experiences and the bits of wisdom and knowledge about life they left me, and thought a book could be the best way. So in 2013 I wrote my first book. I only printed 5 copies. I gave them all to the important people in my life. 

Recently, someone suggested I could do it through social media, specially through Instagram, so I started uploading some pictures of my life, my experiences, deep things. Just with my phone camera, which is just a random phone and a very out of date camera, (say it has 2 pixels hahah). To me, the quality of the picture wasn't the important, also, I wanted to capture real moments, just as they were, not fixing everything to make a moment look more perfect than what it is. A lot of people followed me one day, and the next week the same people unfollowed me. And then people started telling me that I should take better pictures, better quality and sort of edit a bit the content, because "no one really wants to know about real life, everybody uses instagram to escape their real life".

And I went through popular accounts, of people that on the surface are similar to me. People that like to travel, people that follow their dreams, their intuition, people that likes spirituality, people that are conscious about life, and so and so. And Honestly I was a bit shocked about the result. Everything seemed to be so fake. It still doesn't stop amusing me. I'm not talking about every account, I'm talking specifically about the "influencers", people that other people follow in masses. Its crazy, sooooooooooo many different people posting yoga poses on incredible locations... is that really yoga? Do you really think people in India invented yoga to do a out of this world pose in front of a tropical beach as if it was purely fashion? its clear to me that they are just trying to sell. Another western trend. That is not yoga. I dont even know what yoga is, but the feeling that I get from this accounts is nothing spiritual, is just someone trying to catch your interest by being ultra flexible and being in an amazing landscape. It has nothing in depth, no meditation, no spirituality.

Also, a lot of accounts about mothers and babies, like me. But all of them so fake... so full of the same stuff. Nothing real. I know they say, real doesn't sell. But how come! the whole feeling about it is fake. 

People seem to just go about like sheep even on internet. The tremendous amount of people publishing pictures of vegan stuff, vegan parenting (is that REALLY A THING??), eating healthy, its purely a trend. All of them using the same kind of glass, all of them doing the same smoothies,all of them eating the same spirulina, tumeric, chia, bla bla. Its the lack of originality that amazes me. No one is really showing their true self, I know this for sure because no human is a copy of another human, but on Instagram you see thousands of copies of everybody. You see 10 pictures of someone that on the surface appears as interesting and then youre bored because its just one more skinny girl doing a crazy pose in front of the beach, another skinny girl with the same hippie clothes and same cristals hanging on their necks with a detox jar in their hands, another vegan recipy, another van with people having fun. But its just IMAGES. Im interested in their REAL personalities. You cant see them, because they are all so "standard". People behave 100% like sheep, its ridiculous.

Trends are ridiculous. Every "hippish" person having a birth on a swimming pool, really? did you really want that? Every person being vegan... I don't believe it. Its just a mere trend. I know it. I can see it. I know it because ever since I was little I never liked meat. But I actually didn't like it. not that I thought oohhh Id better become vegan. And If i went out to someones house for dinner I would eat meat to not be rude... and I would occasionally eat meat in my house if there wasn't other food when I was a teen. But I never really enjoyed eating it, but I never defined myself as vegan or vegetarian. More over, those words didn't even exist. I just didn't like meat and I said that. But now that its trend, a new "term" exists. and people wear it on their sleeves. F off!!! hahahaha

That's all I want to say. I feel good to have so much clarity about this, stay true to who you are, THAT'S THE PATH, not the other. Not to follow the crowd like a sheep.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario